I’ve been missing blogging, but needed to get all of my ducks in a row. Funny because I just watched A Lot Like Love– yes the super duper cheesy romantical with Ashton Kutcher. Anywho- he kept talking about how he needed to get his ducks in a row before he could settle down/get a girlfriend/marry etc.
Well in my case, I felt like that was the case for my blog! (more…)
(click picture to download for desktop)
Wanderlust (n): a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.
I’ve got a severe case of wanderlust right now. I haven’t had the desire to get away, explore places I’ve never been, see new things … in quite a while. Dealing with anxiety for the majority of last year kinda did me in. It was exhausting, debilitating, and made me want to stay at home and hide from the world. (more…)
(Click Image to Download)
The first day of spring was on Friday, did you get a chance to celebrate it yet? We sure have! On Friday night and Saturday it was raining a whole lot, but it cleared up and we were able to go and enjoy it on Sunday. One of our favorite things to do (more…)
There is an adorable Italian cafe near my house called Drew’s Pastry Place. With the most delicious homemade pizza, desserts, and giant mugs for coffee or tea, this is one of my favorite places to go! And I knew I had to grab some friends and share this place with them.
Every month we have a small meetup with the Houston Blogger Social Club. If you’re not a part of it, and you’re here in Houston, please join our facebook page and come to one of our meetups. They’re super low key, and everyone is so friendly. We love it when we get to meet new bloggers in Houston!
I reached out to Drew’s Pastry Place and asked if we could have a few bloggers come out for a meetup. Not only did they reserve a space for us, they were SO friendly! There were only three of us that were able to make it out, but they made us feel so at home. Cozy couches and a comfortable atmosphere made it easy for us to sit back and relax. We got to meet Drew and hear his story about how he came to opening up Drew’s Pastry Place.
Fun fact- he didn’t start pursing a career in the culinary field until he was in his 40s! Dreams do come true y’all. Listening to his story was so inspiring. And talk about heart and giving back, this guy is such a great example. Giving back to the community is something he loves to do, and that makes me want to support his business even more.
Some fun facts:
- Drew’s wasn’t flourishing at first, and so they applied to be on Bakery Boss (yes, with THE Cake Boss, Buddy). And they got on the show and Buddy himself came out to Drew’s pastry place and helped them get going. They had to close the door for 10 days for shooting and making changes for the shop, but whenever they re-opened the doors they had lines all the way down the shopping strip, and have been doing amazing ever since!
- Drew’s grandma comes in every week and makes the most delicious butter cookies for the shop!
- You can see the episode of Bakery Boss on their website! Click Here
I recommend you try:
- Meatball Pizza (omg, soooo good)
- Butter Cookies
- Tiramisu – I don’t like tiramisu usually, but this is soooooo good.
- Cannoli Cupcakes, they’re a trademarked item. That’s how good they are, so try them!
- Cinnamon coffee cake, Drew insisted we tried this and I’m so glad we did.
So if you’re in Houston, come check out Drew’s Pastry Place, have a cannoli (or 3) and help support small businesses!
Drew’s Website | Twitter | Facebook
Whenever it is cold outside the number one food hubs requests is Chili. With a million and one recipes out there for chili I figured, eh, might as well add mine to the mix! Here’s what makes mine more healthy: (more…)