As by now everyone knows that Greek yogurt is much better for you than regular yogurt. It has double the protein, less sugar, and around the same amount of calories!
Here’s a comparison:
6oz Fage Greek Yogurt 0%
- Calories: 100
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 18g
6oz Yoplait Fat Free Plain
- Calories: 98
- Sugars: 11.25
- Protein: 9g
Crazy right? No- this is NOT a sponsored post. I just love Greek yogurt and it’s the only kind I will buy, and those comparisons are the reason for that. For the same amount of calories I can have double the protein and less sugar? Sign me up!
So here is a recipe with Greek Yogurt for you to try out!
Original recipe can be found on The Lean Green Bean. This is how I made mine…
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- 6oz Blueberries (1 small container)
- 3 large strawberries chopped in small pieces
- Handful of slivered almonds
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 6-10 drops of Vanilla Crème Stevia
- Mix all ingredients, except for honey, into a bowl
- Line a pan with foil (I used a 9x9)
- Place mixture into the foil pan, and spread out evenly.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in freezer
- Freeze until the mixture is solid
- Remove from freezer and let it thaw for about 5 minutes, or until you can cut it.
- Cut into squares and then place in an airtight container and store in the freezer.
I hope you love them!