Recently Top Golf invited a group of bloggers out for a girls night out! There was a wine tasting, delicious food, giveaways and of course golf!
If you’ve never been to a Top Golf before, then find the nearest one and go asap. I know I know you may not be a golfer, but that is totally okay! I haven’t golfed since I was in high-school and I have gone with so many friends that have never golfed in their life. And you know what? Everyone has such a good time! There are so many different games you can play, its really like mini-golf only you get to hit the ball really far. (come on, I know you’ve wanted to when you play mini-golf, now’s your chance!)
Here’s some tips:
- Go with some friends- you can fit 6 people in a bay to play at once, fill it up! Even better, get two bays side by side and go with an even bigger group!
- Don’t pressure yourself- just have fun, don’t try to be super good because unless you’ve been playing forever you’re gonna be like me and mess up a lot. But its okay, trust me, you’re going to have fun anyways!
- Order snacks- they have the most delicious food! Seriously, I know you wouldn’t expect it at a place you go and play games. But they have a top chef from Houston and everything I have ever had there is amazing! I recommend those cookies ^ and their injectable donutholes. Yes. You read that right.
Thank you Top Golf – Spring, for having all of us Houston Bloggers out! We had such a blast. Hubs and I even went back that next weekend. I’m ready for another Top Golf party, who’s in?
I’ve been missing blogging, but needed to get all of my ducks in a row. Funny because I just watched A Lot Like Love– yes the super duper cheesy romantical with Ashton Kutcher. Anywho- he kept talking about how he needed to get his ducks in a row before he could settle down/get a girlfriend/marry etc.
Well in my case, I felt like that was the case for my blog! I felt torn because I didn’t know which website to put on my social media accounts. I had 1) My Blog. 2) My Business Site. And when one is making more than the other it makes since to do that one, right? But I was really missing blogging, my friends, opportunities… so I created a 3rd site. Breepair.com which links to BOTH my blog & business! <3
So. I’m back- and I asked some of my Houston Blogger pals to join me in a celebratory giveaway! These girls have been so amazing and I am SO glad to know each one of them and be a part of this awesome blogging community here in Houston.
I love this Coach purse and the pattern, its the perfect size, not too big, not too small…. and so gorgeous for summertime. So, good luck, and stop by these gals blogs and give them a shout-out that Bree sent you!
Bree / Sarah / Amber / EllyEmily / MichelleNicole / LorenJessica & Laurie / Saraa Rafflecopter giveaway
(click picture to download for desktop)
Wanderlust (n): a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.
I’ve got a severe case of wanderlust right now. I haven’t had the desire to get away, explore places I’ve never been, see new things … in quite a while. Dealing with anxiety for the majority of last year kinda did me in. It was exhausting, debilitating, and made me want to stay at home and hide from the world. (more…)
(Click Image to Download)
The first day of spring was on Friday, did you get a chance to celebrate it yet? We sure have! On Friday night and Saturday it was raining a whole lot, but it cleared up and we were able to go and enjoy it on Sunday. One of our favorite things to do when the weather is gorgeous and not too hot yet is go biking in The Woodlands.
So on Sunday morning we packed up our bikes before we went to church, that way we could go straight to The Woodlands. If you haven’t been up there biking you really should! There are so many trails you can go for hours. Plus with all of the trees you wont be in the direct sun for too long, so even in the summertime that helps a little bit.
Last night when we got done with work we jumped on our bikes and went around our neighborhood and explored for a while. I found myself daydreaming about beautiful summer evenings when it wouldn’t be too hot to bike… But then I remembered that is how it is in northern states and I’m in Houston. So for now, I am going to keep biking and build myself up to being used to the humidity in the summertime so I can stay on my bike all summer long!
We’re going to be biking a lot this week and next in preparation for an upcoming quick trip to Austin. We haven’t been there for almost 2 years and we’re super excited to get away. Once we park we’re mostly on our bikes or walking, so I’m trying to get my booty used to being on that seat for so long and not being super sore!
What do you like to do to get outside and enjoy the weather? Is it springtime where you’re at yet? My family is in Minnesota and they just got 6-8inches of snow dumped on them this weekend! Sorry y’all. One good thing about being in Texas right now.
*make sure you download the spring desktop wallpaper so you can brighten up your office when you’re stuck inside on beautiful days!*
There is an adorable Italian cafe near my house called Drew’s Pastry Place. With the most delicious homemade pizza, desserts, and giant mugs for coffee or tea, this is one of my favorite places to go! And I knew I had to grab some friends and share this place with them.
Every month we have a small meetup with the Houston Blogger Social Club. If you’re not a part of it, and you’re here in Houston, please join our facebook page and come to one of our meetups. They’re super low key, and everyone is so friendly. We love it when we get to meet new bloggers in Houston!
I reached out to Drew’s Pastry Place and asked if we could have a few bloggers come out for a meetup. Not only did they reserve a space for us, they were SO friendly! There were only three of us that were able to make it out, but they made us feel so at home. Cozy couches and a comfortable atmosphere made it easy for us to sit back and relax. We got to meet Drew and hear his story about how he came to opening up Drew’s Pastry Place.
Fun fact- he didn’t start pursing a career in the culinary field until he was in his 40s! Dreams do come true y’all. Listening to his story was so inspiring. And talk about heart and giving back, this guy is such a great example. Giving back to the community is something he loves to do, and that makes me want to support his business even more.
Some fun facts:
- Drew’s wasn’t flourishing at first, and so they applied to be on Bakery Boss (yes, with THE Cake Boss, Buddy). And they got on the show and Buddy himself came out to Drew’s pastry place and helped them get going. They had to close the door for 10 days for shooting and making changes for the shop, but whenever they re-opened the doors they had lines all the way down the shopping strip, and have been doing amazing ever since!
- Drew’s grandma comes in every week and makes the most delicious butter cookies for the shop!
- You can see the episode of Bakery Boss on their website! Click Here
I recommend you try:
- Meatball Pizza (omg, soooo good)
- Butter Cookies
- Tiramisu – I don’t like tiramisu usually, but this is soooooo good.
- Cannoli Cupcakes, they’re a trademarked item. That’s how good they are, so try them!
- Cinnamon coffee cake, Drew insisted we tried this and I’m so glad we did.
So if you’re in Houston, come check out Drew’s Pastry Place, have a cannoli (or 3) and help support small businesses!
Drew’s Website | Twitter | Facebook